Strive for Excellence – Doing the best that you can do at all times
Organized for Learning – having the right tools and gear for the task
Act Positively – Having a positive attitude
Respect – for self, others and the environment
These concepts don’t just target students. They are expectations for everyone involved in the school, including staff. It is recognised that everyone can have the role of being both a learner and a teacher (Tuakana-Teina) – students use empathy to understand both roles (ref: Ka Hikitia)
- Manukorihi is committed to meeting the learning and developmental needs of emerging adolescents.
- We provide a strong classroom culture with literacy and numeracy focus and the opportunity for all students to experience learning in specialist classrooms.
- Every effort is made to create a respectful school culture and climate based on positive relationships. The partnership between home and school is an important factor in a student’s success.
- Assessment is integrated into all learning activities and parents kept well informed.
- Our learning environment provides teaching strategies which engage students in a way appropriate to their stage of development.
- Our school is inclusive of Te Atiawa Tikanga and Taranaki reo in the school programmes. The opportunity is available for students to be educated in Te Reo Maori derived in Te Marautanga o Aotearoa.
- Students are included as part of the learning process.